By Egotist / /
1. This business changes even faster than I thought.
2. Some things never change. Like, if your client gets bought and/or fired, you’re likely to as well. (Get fired, not bought…)
3. The good ones come back.
4. Don’t begrudge an employee’s “gap year” to travel abroad.
5. Nice clients beat not nice clients any day.
6. Someone will always give it away.
7. Find a mentor. Be a mentor.
8. Swimming from Alcatraz changed Ryan’s life.
9. Make sure the website works before you go live.
10. Be judicious. Decline more than you think is right.
11. Anonymous comments are the last refuge of an idiot.
12. A partnership is more like a marriage than you know.
Greg Stern is the CEO at Butler, Shine, Stern & Partners