Square Mile Sport | Event Sales Manager
This job post has expired
Square Mile Sport is seeking a temporary part-time Event Sales Manager to boost team sign-ups for the Bloomberg Square Mile Relay, a competitive corporate relay race.
Square Mile Sport is the owner and organizer of the Bloomberg Square Mile Relay – a unique and exciting annual global running race series.
The Bloomberg Square Mile Relay is a one-of-a-kind, immersive team-building experience, which uniquely takes place in the heart of financial districts around the world. Unlike other corporate events where individuals compete against one another, this event is all about the team of ten.
The race is now a firm fixture in the business and sporting calendars of twelve cities around the globe, including Dubai, Sydney, New York, Tokyo, Paris, Mumbai, San Francisco, London, Shanghai, São Paulo, Singapore, and Hong Kong. With this global reach, the Bloomberg Square Mile Relay allows multinational companies to challenge not only their closest business rivals but also their own offices around the globe.
• The main function of the Event Sales Manager will be to plan, manage, and implement corporate team race sales for the Bloomberg Square Mile Relay San Francisco 2019.
• The Event Sales Manager will create a sales pipeline and outreach to targeted businesses in the San Francisco area using multiple routes to deliver against the sales target. This will include scheduling and executing both calls and in-person meetings with prospective customers.
• The Event Sales Manager will deliver a live pipeline document for the Head of Marketing and Events to review on a weekly basis.
• 2-5 years of direct relevant experience
• Natural sales ability and proven track record of delivering team/ticket sales
• Existing relationship with corporate organizations in the Bay Area, San Francisco
• Ability to effectively pitch and communicate with potential clients and participants
• Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
• Strong understanding of pipeline management and sales reporting
• Outgoing, proactive, and energetic with a can-do attitude
• Highly responsive and accessible
• Focused, positive, and friendly as the face of the company in San Francisco
• Capacity to build an open, honest, and trusting relationship with potential customers
Term & Time Commitment
• The Event Sales Manager position will begin on February 18, 2019 and will conclude on May 31, 2019, with a break clause at May 17, 2019, depending on outstanding leads to close and at the discretion of the Head of Marketing and Events.
• In order to reach the sales target goals, the Event Sales Manger will work 12.5 hours per week (total 50 hours per month)
• Square Mile Sport reserves the right to give 14 days written notice at any point during the contracted period
• $1,500 per month base salary
• 20% of sale price per team with discount code ($1,800 reduced to $1,500 for team entry = $300 per team sale). Target of 30 team sales in total.
The Event Sales Manager will report to the Head of Marketing and Events
Please send your resume and any questions about the role to Jacquelyn Sparks at [email protected].