Natura Life Science | UX/UI Strategist
This job post has expired
At Natura Life+Science, we believe that cannabis is a gift from nature perfectly designed to enhance our lives. Our mission is to deliver that gift to you by utilizing our incredible team, pharmaceutical-grade facilities, processes, and the best technology available.
Service is the key to significance. We lead by serving others. We encourage and invest in our team’s growth and education. We understand that our team is what differentiates us from everyone else. Our workplace is a safe, open place where exceptional people can share their talents, dreams and ideas.
We are building an in-house team to rival the A team at any agency. And, we’re going to have a lot of fun doing it. This is an opportunity to own and build a discipline within the marketing team from the ground up. Work on modern lifestyle, wellness, and medicinal brands that will be loved by consumers. This team will operate on the same level as external agencies, start with a blank page, build brands, and see them through their launches, and evolutions.
Sacramento is a magical place in middle of everywhere your mood might want to take you: SF, Sonoma, Napa, Tahoe, Yosemite, Carmel, Sequoia, Redwoods, etc. It’s all within a short drive from SacTown. This “City of Trees” is home to 14 world-class farmer’s markets, rivers, lakes, trails, parks, and farm-to-fork restaurants. What does all of this mean? Access to the outdoors, rafting, biking, hiking, skiing, boating, backpacking, wine country, fresh food, and a way more manageable lifestyle, all at a sizable lower cost of living index than most larger cities on the entire west coast.
The UX/UI Strategist is a well-rounded XD professional who is responsible for connecting the dots between business needs, user needs, and high caliber design. This role will excel at conceiving and conducting user research, leading interaction design, and mentoring team members. The senior XD strategist needs to be competent in all of facets of the design process, while demonstrating exceptional skill in using an iterative, human-centered design process to produce interaction and information architecture design, translating user insights into sitemaps, wireframes, and prototypes.
• Initiate, promote, and coordinate user research and usability studies
• Research and analyze industry XD trends and perform competitive analysis when required
• Lead and conduct appropriate qualitative and quantitative research activities to understand all of Natura’s target consumers
• Actively participate in 360-degree thinking for our brands
• Employ user-centered design processes to translate concepts into task flows, user flows, information architectures, wireframes, and user interface prototypes
• Organize and translate content architecture into a sitemap or application map
• Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate on designs
• Translate user behavior data and metrics from Google Analytics and other data analytics tools to optimize user experiences
• Lead conceptual development of online experiences
• Partner with the design and marketing teams throughout the project to help guide smart interactive design that meets objectives and supports strategy
• Excellent design rationale, presentation skills, collaboration and analytical skills with the ability to sell your approach and ideas
• Familiarity and/or experience developing complete UX/UI design systems; navigation, UI components and/or design guidelines
• Advanced Sketch and InVision prototyping in lo-fidelity or hi-fidelity; InVision Studio, InVision Design System Manager, Sketch Symbols, UI Guides or Style libraries
• Experience designing with native design system guidelines, components or platform functionality; ex: iOS, Salesforce Lightning
• Agency experience is strongly preferred
• Ability to work with teams and external vendors to bring strong conceptual design while understanding the importance of adhering to standardized design patterns and implementation considerations
Required Experience and Capabilities
• Basic understanding of front-end coding implementation and limitations
• Fluent in responsive design and mobile/tablet XD/UI patterns
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to team members and clients
• Fluent in human-centered design practices
• Expertise in conducting formative and evaluative design research
• Command of user testing methodologies, as well as in-person and remote testing software, and testing deliverables
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to clients and teams, using presentation tools such as PowerPoint, Keynote, and/or InDesign
• Ability to interpret and manage team feedback while being an advocate for the end-user
• Paid Health Benefits – Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage. Natura pays 100% of your healthcare premiums and partial for your family and offers a variety of choices and plans! We also offer life insurance to all employees, in addition to long-term and short-term disability coverage.
• Paid Time Off – Flexible and generous vacation policy with many company holidays.
• Great Company Culture – We are a fun and close team. Family oriented environment. Casual, comfortable attire. Not only is it okay to be unique in the way you do things, we encourage it!
• Opportunity for Growth – Success is a team effort and we strive to be the best we can be by encouraging employees to develop professionally by learning new tasks and working across teams.
• Setting Industry Standards – Our vertically integrated business model enables us to bring products to the emerging California marketplace in the most efficient manner and is designed to be compliant with GMP standards and will produce the highest level of safe and comprehensive products in the industry while creating a work environment that supports people of all backgrounds.
• Doing it Right – Everything we do here is built upon integrity, respect, teamwork, professionalism, and always knowing and doing what's right.