By thesanfranciscoegotist / /
And in these dark times, a beautiful, shining light came through… in the form of a pizza.
Ok, we may be getting desperate in our sheltering-in-place, but Papa John’s announcement of the launch of the new Shaq-a-Roni pizza in collaboration with board member and restaurant owner Shaquille O’Neal made us happy.
Designed to deliver a bigger pizza experience, Papa John’s will donate one dollar from every Shaq-a-Roni sold through August 23, 2020 to The Papa John’s Foundation for Building Community, which supports communities as they work together for equality, fairness, respect and opportunity for all.
“It was important to me for the Shaq-a-Roni to be bigger than just pizza. By giving my new pie a try, one dollar will be donated to The Papa John’s Foundation for Building Community to support COVID relief, the fight against racial injustice, Boys & Girls Club of America and general community involvement,” said Shaquille O’Neal, Papa John’s Board Member and franchise owner.
Conceived by O’Neal himself, the Shaq-a-Roni is an extra-large pizza made with Papa John’s fresh, never-frozen six ingredient dough, topped with extra mozzarella cheese and extra pepperoni, then cut into Papa John’s largest slice size to-date.
The larger-than-life pizza is also accompanied by an exclusive Snapchat AR experience for fans who order the Shaq-a-Roni. Using the Snapchat app, customers simply point their camera at the pizza box to reveal a 3-D surprise. Next month, the brand plans to unveil additional AR surprises across its social channels.
- CLIENT NAME: Papa John’s
- CAMPAIGN TITLE: Delivering Better
- EXECUTION TITLE: Shaq-a-Roni
- AGENCY: Camp + King
- CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER: Roger Camp
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR(s): Rikesh Lal & Jesse Dillow
- ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR(s): Rick Morrison & Ben Steward
- ART DIRECTOR: Amy Wong
- COPYWRITER: Lara Kesler
- DIRECTOR OF CONTENT PRODUCTION: Stacy McClain
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Garrett DeLorm
- SENIOR PRODUCER: Charlie Ferraye
- PRODUCTION COMPANIES & CITY: Live Action: Hungry Man – Los Angeles, CA // Tabletop: SCHROM – Blauvelt, NY
- DIRECTORS: Amir Farhang (Hungry Man) // Michael Schrom (SCHROM)
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER (PRODUCTION CO): Caleb Dewart (Hungry Man) // Carl Sturges (SCHROM)
- EDITORS: Hunter Hadfield, Justin Griffin, Michael Whelan (Camp+King, San Francisco)
- COLORIST: Chris Martin (Mission Film and Design, San Francisco)
- FINISHING: Creative Technology (San Francisco)
- SOUND DESIGNER: Joaby Deal (One Union, San Francisco)
- BRAND MANAGING DIRECTOR: Kristin Barbour
- BRAND DIRECTOR: Pat Dunneback
- BRAND SUPERVISOR: Helen Oddone
- DIRECTOR OF PLANNING: David Morrissey
- ADDITIONAL CREDITS: Jamie King (CEO, Camp + King)