The Climate Reality Project | Summer Design Intern
This job post has expired
The Climate Reality Project is a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore. Our mission is to empower a global cultural movement demanding immediate action on the climate crisis using cutting-edge advertising and communications strategies to demonstrate the urgency and solvability of the climate crisis.
The Climate Reality Project offers an unpaid internship program to qualified candidates in several areas of interest including communications, design, grassroots organizing, and development. Every Climate Reality intern is assigned an intern mentor who is responsible for ensuring that the intern experience is educational and rewarding.
The Climate Reality Project Creative team works to create strategic campaigns that create synergy throughout the organizations various program areas and create measurable impacts that drive towards the Climate Reality Project’s mission.
The design intern will work with the senior graphic designer and Communications department in the creation of visual concepts and aesthetic articulation for Climate Reality campaigns, promotional programs, branding efforts, social media messaging, etc. across all types of online and offline platforms. The overall objective is for the design intern is to gain as much knowledge and experience as possible while working with the organization in addition to walking away with tangible portfolio projects and pieces.
Climate Reality has offices in Washington, D.C. and Boulder, Colorado. The location of this position is Boulder, Colorado.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
• Developing concepts with the creative team – developing ideas that will be built
and deployed to global audiences
• Building creative assets that will be used for social media promotion and in
other marketing channels
• Designing and laying out e-book publications
• Assist in overall content management and organization of materials and assets
• Designing and building presentations for senior leadership team members
• Assisting in video/motion graphics production
• Creative problem solving and experience working on a team.
• Effective communicator with an ability to receive feedback on design choices.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent personal effectiveness, grit, and work ethic
• Experience Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.)
• Ability to follow brand standards and guidelines
• Strong understanding of Keynote and PowerPoint
• Filmmaking, editing, or motion graphic experience is a plus
• Ability to concept, design and communicate creative business solutions for
advertising and marketing campaigns
• Strong understanding of mobile technologies, design and applications is a plus
• This position requires a minimum of 12 hours per week and a maximum of 15
for 3-4 months.