the proof agency | Chief of staff
This job post has expired
OK, yes, I copied this from somewhere, But I do need most of this stuff. No politics, we market adult beverages, weed and some other friendly stuff. work from home. Full time to come this year
MBA or Paralegal background required
Chief if Staff to the President/CEO
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant to the President/CEO provides executive, administrative, and development support to the President and Board of Directors, as well as the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and HR. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the President. The Executive Assistant serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
Assists the President/CEO with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents for meetings.
Communicates with the general staff on the President/CEO’s behalf and coordinates logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally. Coordinates meetings and strategic activities with the SLT, The Management Team (TMG), and members of PRB staff. (See Management Support.)
Communicates directly and on behalf of the President/CEO with Board members, donors, foundation staff, and others on matters related to programmatic initiatives as directed. (See Board Support.)
Conducts research on prospective corporate and foundation donors to identify and evaluate current needs and assembles materials needed for the proposals.
Drafts reports, letters of solicitation, proposals; prepares and coordinates oral and written communication with donors and prospects.
Supports President/CEO in his/her external commitments related to PRB, including service on external boards, committees and other groups.
Processes PRB’s memberships with other organizations.
8. Administratively supports HR duties (recruiting support, documents formatting, surveys set up and other administrative tasks), drafts emails and other PRB correspondence as directed.
Board Support and Liaison
9. Serves as the President’s administrative liaison to the Board of Directors and manages Board activities, which include coordinating semi-annual Board meetings and dinners; semi-annual Board staff lunches/receptions/new Board member orientations; arranging hotel accommodations for out-of-town Board members; processing travel reimbursement requests; and compiling, assembling, and distributing Board meeting materials. Research potential Board members for the Nomination Committee.
10. Coordinates Executive, Finance, Governance & Nominating, and Audit Committee meetings, maintains confidential files and contact information; coordinates meetings, conferences, and committees both on and off site to support the President’s agenda.
11. Maintains Board portal (Directors Desk).
12. Participates as an adjunct member of the SLT including assisting in scheduling, attending meetings. Represents the President in designated meetings as required.
13. Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings. Prepares an account of the meetings and designates and follows up on assigned action items.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Oversees the training and support of PRB’s Program Assistants.
Provide assistance as needed to front desk operations to include but is not limited to, answering phones, accepting package and other deliveries, lunchtime relief, and greeting and signing in visitors/guests.
Position reports to the President/CEO and works directly with the Board of Directors.
Works directly with the Board Executive and Finance Committees.
Works directly with senior level staff and HR both internally and externally.
Experience & Education:
MBA degree or equivalent experience with social sciences background and an interest in national and global issues.
Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
Skills & Abilities:
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
Previous experience working with development and fundraising programs to increase donor contributions and funding sources.
Proficiency in IOS/Windows, including MS Word, EXCE.
Ability to learn new software such as Doodle polls and Director’s Desk board portal.
Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well-written manner.
Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills.
Ability to work with a broad range of people including major donors, Board members, foundation staff, colleagues of the president/CEO and staff, and others.
Knowledge of other languages and international customs is an asset; knowledge of French or Spanish is helpful.
Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
Working Conditions/Other Data:
Due to the confidentiality of the work, the functions of this position should be performed in a private office location.
Occasional travel may be involved.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. PRB has an excellent benefits package, including generous health, leave, and retirement programs.
Please remember to attach the resume and cover letter in the documents section. This position is located in Washington, D.C.
Note: the President is in charge of all Cannabis ventures. The CEO is another person in charge of all ventures but concentrates in adult beverages. We are a young rapidly growing firm that sees and reacts solely in black and white. We’re casual, creative, intelligent and highly opinionated.