LRXD | Contract Packaging Design Director
This job post has expired
We live in an evolutionary time. A time when old ideas are being replaced by new ideas. New ideas that are better for our bodies, our communities and our soul. We believe in this brighter future — where health and wellness become the new normal. That’s the change we want to see in our world.
So, we help brands and organizations that are on this same journey, that share this same vision. We scale their businesses and scale the positive impact they have on people’s lives. We make healthier, more joyful lives feel accessible and relatable. That’s why we’re proud to call ourselves The Health & Happiness Agency. And now, we’re searching for a contract Packaging Design Director to help us accelerate the climb for the national brands we serve.
We are looking for a talented contract Packaging Design Director (approx 2 months) who is able to quickly interpret business needs and client briefs and turn them into compelling creative solutions. Often working under tight deadlines while overseeing multiple packaging projects, the Design Director must be a skilled manager of creative teams (including but not limited to: art directors, copywriters, content strategists, and designers). The Design Director must be an effective communicator, especially when it comes to relaying creative concepts to design teams and company stakeholders. They must have experience managing creatives in the past and very good understanding of packaging design — experience in health and wellness products is a plus.
• Distill abstract business concepts and client needs into elegant creative solutions.
• Take responsibility for the creative vision and the standard of output across team members who work under them.
• Pitch ideas confidently and present the creative vision clearly to clients, as well as communicate in the same manner to members of the creative team.
• Have strong people management and leadership skills in order to hire, develop and inspire the creative team.
• Ensure that all of the organization’s or client’s creative output/visuals are consistent with the overall brand.
• Lead multiple packaging projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines.
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
• Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas.
• Work independently to create successful design solutions with minimal assistance from CDs and other creative staff.
• A degree in a visual design discipline or equivalent professional experience.
• Five or more years of experience as a senior-level designer. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience directing complex solutions, particularly in the package design space.
• Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and determine a plan that will ensure they are met or exceeded.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to clearly and effectively communicate the creative vision, concepts, ideas and solutions to stakeholders, internal teams and clients.
• Ability to work effectively in a team setting, including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
• Extensive supervisory experience (including leadership, team-building and delegation) leading and managing a creative team.
• A solid grasp of art history, design history, photography and the visual arts, pop culture, and counterculture, fluency in current technology, politics and a deep understanding of the zeitgeist of social tastes and current affairs.
• Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
• Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
• Work well with internal team and open to helping locate and manage freelance resources.
This position starts now and runs through the end of September, but could be extended beyond that.
We are based in Denver, but due to COVID-19 we are open to remote candidates.