Hub Strategy | Senior Account Leader
This job post has expired
Senior Account Leader Job Description:
Hub is looking for a Senior Account Leader to provide strategic leadership for the agency and manage (to varying degrees) the agency’s portfolio of client relationships, building and mentoring the account management team. As a member of the senior leadership team, this position will play an active role in driving agency new business.
You will need to have strong consumer marketing chops and you must be a champion of great work--both strategically and creatively. Ideally, we are looking for natural leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and love for the business. And you’ll need to enjoy working across a client’s integrated communications – not just focusing on one piece of the puzzle.
You’ll also be required to cultivate and manage all aspects of client relationships, from understanding your clients’ businesses, their goals, and their industry, to overseeing the financial health of your accounts. We’re looking for someone who can build a trusted relationship with our client’s and guide them across their integrated communication efforts.
Unlike a typical SF agency, Hub’s business model offers a rare approach that will no doubt evolve your advertising/marketing acumen. This is an opportunity for a leader who has the hustle, and the drive, and is ready to join an award-winning creative/strategic team.
Ideally you will need to remain relatively calm under pressure (not so calm we suspect you’re sedated), show good judgment (duh), and are fun to hang out with – we’re a small boutique shop, we want to spend our time with people we like and who at least occasionally make us laugh.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• 10+ years of experience in account management at an agency or similar experience on the client side
• Bright, strategic thinker that consistently brings independent and thoughtful POV’s to the table
• Strong grasp of the big picture: brand positioning & marketing strategy, creative development, media planning, and production/project management
• Experience leading and fostering senior-level client relationships
• Able to communicate effectively with senior level clients, manage their expectations, and embody excellent presentation/communication skills
• Experience managing teams, ready to invest and support the account team, motivating and leading with positivity
• Ability to manage typical ad business with tight deadlines and budgets, grow the existing business, and actively seek opportunities for new business.
• Bachelor’s Degree
Due to the high volume of submissions, we will only be able to respond to applicants who we feel will be a good fit. Also, if you are a prince from some country we’ve never heard of and you want us to give you our personal banking info so that you can deposit millions of dollars into our account as part of your father’s last wishes… We’re onto you.
Enough about you. Let’s talk about us.
We enjoy long walks on the sidewalk and laughing manically. We have medium/OK personalities and a few of us can whistle. One of us knows how to sail and zero of us can do a Rubik’s cube. We also have an office overstock of three out of the four things: beef jerky, hand sanitizer, pretzel chips and loose jewels. That should probably give you a pretty thorough understanding of what we’re about. Ok, all jokes aside, we’re a small agency in the Presidio with a unique business model that allows us to deliver truly integrated marketing. And clearly, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our work? We take very seriously.
Back to you:
Ideally you must reside in the San Francisco Bay Area. Unfortunately, Hub does not cover relocation costs. NO phone calls, gift baskets, or headshots please. We know it’s a rough job market out there, and you want to stand out, but just try to play it cool and send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] if you are interested.